Evaluation

Overall with this project I feel that I have struggled, I have lacked inspiration and felt it hard to feel fully motivated to get work completed. However, once I had found processes that I liked I found that motivation was easy to gain and I completed the work and attended all the sessions that I could to make sure I understood every process that we had looked at.

I think the processes I have chosen are very representative of me and that enabled me to complete work to a high standard.

Photograms-

This was a process I already had experience with and I knew what I wanted to achieve from it I spent hours outside of workshop time developing my work in the darkroom this wasn’t always successful and this was all part of my development and understanding and if I was to take this further I would want to explore different liquids and textures and see how these affect the process of creating images.

Chemographs-

This was a process that was entirely new to me and that I hadn’t had any experience with, this seemed to help me become motivated as I saw it as a new challenge I again spent hours in the darkroom perfecting what I had created, I want to explore different chemicals and perhaps paint to see the different effect each of these will have.

Double exposure-

Although this is a process I have never explored before it is something that I have created unintentionally when moving objects, I feel that I have had some success with this and that overall I am pleased although I would like to try merging a more landscape image with images of people to see what effect I will create, I also want to try digital double exposures as this is completely foreign concept to me.