Man Ray

Man Ray was one of the most famous people to create a Photogram and his work as I have selected above is very abstract and almost has no sense to it. But I find this is what attracts me to it most as it seems with these images he has just picked random objects. ‘To create his ‘Rayographs’ Man Ray exposed the paper three times each time adding another layer to the photogram with each exposure the ‘Rayograph’ was created.’

I myself would like to create something similar and I feel that Man Ray could be a large influence on my work in the future. I plan to create a series of photograms using things that I can find in my bag I feel this will allow me to explore the different transparencies of objects a theme that I am hoping to carry on throughout trying to develop them further. I’m also hoping to use every day items that I can pick up from around my house to create unique works like the one above. I feel that by creating work this kind of work I will be developing a deeper understanding of how Ray O Graphs were creating. I have looked at many examples of Man Ray’s work from his images that he has created using dark room items the further I explore his work the more I can understand how he works, there is no specific way that he has placed his items, I feel that with this he is acknowledging Dadaism which he is known for being part of as both operated at the same time.

DP106472